RESOLVING YOUR TAX ISSUES
The Processes and Strategies
No one wants to have tax issues. However, if you do find yourself needing assistance with Canadian tax problems, Resolving Your Tax Issues details the processes and strategies you can use to resolve issues concerning income tax, GST/HST, and payroll taxes administered by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
As there are a growing number of tax cases where taxpayers represent themselves (or are represented by their accountants), Hu has written the book he needed when he found himself in the same situation. Providing information to help you resolve your CRA tax issues and achieve your goals at each stage of the tax dispute process, this book addresses three key themes:
1. Tax dispute resolution processes and strategies for taxpayers
2. The “rules of the game” for tax dispute resolution
3. Commonly disputed tax issues and their legal tests
The tax issue resolution processes discussed throughout Resolving Your Tax Issues are divided into two categories: non-dispute processes (filing a return, changing a return, Taxpayer Relief Provisions, and the Voluntary Disclosure Program) and dispute processes (audit, objection, and appeal).
Hu has diligently selected the most useful and relevant information, adding meticulous case studies, thorough analysis, and detailed strategies to inspire readers, including:
• Taxpayers wanting to resolve their own tax issues and represent themselves in the tax dispute process
• Accountants intending to represent their clients in resolving their tax issues
• Lawyers planning to enter taxation practice
• Consultants, educators, students, and other professionals with an interest in taxation who are intending to broaden their knowledge